Mixed Water Media Painting
Students will be able to:
- Create a piece by combining at least two different water media.
5. Reflection/Artist's Statement
1. Experiment with: watercolor, sketch & wash pencils, ink, and other water media if you haven't already. The other water media may include watercolor markers, watercolor colored pencils, instant coffee, kool-aid, etc.
2. Choose you subject matter/reference. This should be a person, place or thing.
3. Create thumbnails of your composition. Think about rule-of-thirds and foreshortening.
4. Use 12" x 18" watercolor paper to create your piece. *Remember to practice before starting on your final piece.
5. Take process photos as you go.
6. Take photos of finished piece and submit.
Mixed Water Media Examples
Links to other Water Media Projects
Below are projects that I've assigned in the past to other classes. They may contain videos or images that you may find useful!