Growth Mindset/Story of You Self Portrait
Students will be able to create a self portrait based on self-reflection and what they learn about growth mindset.
1. Concept (Originality of reference, idea, and composition)
2. Composition (Rule-of-Thirds, Layering, Foreshortening)
3. Craftsmanship (Light & Shadow, mark making)
4. Process (Documentation of experimentation of materials and composition)
5. Reflection (Self grading and questions answered on the Grading Form)
1. Define Vocabulary Terms
2. Watch based on growth vs fixed mindset (Video Link)
Visual journals are a place for you to write and draw what you're thinking about when a prompt (an idea) is introduced.
There are 4 items to keep in mind when creating in your visual journal:
1. You are only given a maximum of 30-45 minutes to get your ideas down in your space. This doesn't need to be perfect!
2. You can write and/or draw ideas down in the space. These are your notes! Experiment if you need.
3. Fill the space.
4. You must show you in some way. This could be your face from different angles or a a silhouette.
*You may go back to this idea later and revise and edit what you'd like.
Visual Journal Examples