Students will be able to:
Create an original piece using their own creative process. Techniques, terms, and artists will be discussed from the Surrealist movement.
Surrealist concepts will be implemented into the student’s piece.
1. Research Surrealist artists.
2. Find at least 5 references to implement into your concept.
3. Create thumbnails to brainstorm compositions. How are you going to balance out your design?
4. Demonstrate how you would incorporate the Elements and Principles of Art in a rough sketch.
5. Demonstrate your concept using materials of your choice. Draw from your references, not from your head!
*Spend enough time to shade and layer colors effectively!
Requirements: (Graded on a 0-4 scale)
1. Concept/Appropriation/ Personal Voice
5. Artist's Statement
- Salvador Dali
- de’ Chirico
- Rene Magritte
- Dorothea Tanning
- Eileen Agar
- Andre Breton
- Joan Miro
- Yves Tanguy
- Frida Kahlo
- Max Ernst
- Meret Oppenheim