ColorEd Pencil Manikin Drawing
The Colored Pencil Unit will cover the different uses and techniques of colored pencils and an introduction to color theory.
Colored Pencil Manikin Drawing
Students will be able to create a colored pencil drawing using a manikin as a reference and demonstrating the Requirements below.
1. Concept (Original Idea, Drawing from Manikin)
2. Composition (manikin goes over at least 2 sides)
3. Craftsmanship (Intensity, value change, light/shadow)
1. Get a manikin and choose your poses
2. Create at least 5 thumbnail drawings demonstrating cropping
3. Choose best thumbnail based on cropping and composition.
4. Choose you color scheme (warm, cool, analogous, complementary, etc.)
5. Get 12” x 18” piece of paper
6. Create 2” border on drawing paper
7. Lightly sketch in manikin using your manikin reference
8. Use layering and cross contour shading to demonstrate your color scheme on the manikin. Build the layers to create intensity.
9. Fill in the background keeping your color scheme in mind. Keep background less intense to let your manikin pop out.
Examples of Colored Pencil Drawings