Building Block Perspective Drawing
Students will be able to create a drawing demonstrating linear perspective, craftsmanship of medium, light & shadow, and composition using building blocks as a reference.
1. Build with the blocks to create a small structure using at least 5 blocks.
2. Create thumbnail sketches demonstrating composition and point-of-view. These are small sketches (no bigger than 2") that can help you save time when setting up your project.
3. Get the 12"x18" drawing or watercolor paper. You do not need to add a border. If you do, it should be no larger than 1/2".
4. Draw from photo or from still life with graphite. Demonstrate 1 or 2-point perspective accurately along with light/shadow. I recommend using very light lines first to set up your drawing.
5. Demonstrate light & shadow by filling in with any media you choose. It doesn't need to be in color but should show light & shadow.
6. When completed, submit to Schoology and fill out the grading form.