Building Block Perspective Drawing
Students will be able to create a drawing demonstrating linear perspective, craftsmanship of medium, light & shadow, and composition using building blocks as a reference.
1. Build with the blocks to create a small structure using at least 5 blocks.
2. Create thumbnail sketches demonstrating composition and point-of-view. These are small sketches (no bigger than 2") that can help you save time when setting up your project.
3. Get the 12"x18" watercolor paper. You do not need to add a border. If you do, it should be no larger than 1/2".
4. Draw from photo or from still life with sketch & wash pencils and/or watercolor colored pencils. Demonstrating 1 or 2-point perspective accurately along with light/shadow. I recommend using very light lines first to set up your drawing.
5. When completed, write an artist's statement. This should be at least 4 sentences long explaining why and how you created your project. Stick to the facts...no fluff.