Bird's Eye View Project
Students will be able to:
- Create an original piece using a bird’s-eye view
- Use symbols and colors to communicate the meaning of
1. Bird's Eye View (Perspective is from above)
2. Element of Art: Texture (Use texture to help demonstrate movement or emphasis)
3. Craftsmanship of Medium
4. Communication of Idea (Using color and symbols)
5. Effort (Points will be earned based on work ethic in class)
1. List at least 5 places you would like to see from above
2. Find aerial references of those places. Maps and Google Earth are a good place to start.
3. Create thumbnails detailing your composition.
4. Make decisions about:
- What medium(s) are you going to use?
- What colors are you going to use and why?
- Are you going to use symbols? If so, why and where?
5. Get your materials and practice before doing your project.
6. Create your project.
Artists to Use as References
Aerial Perspective Examples