White on Black String Drawing
Students will be able to:
- Create an original piece using white colored pencil, black colored pencil, white chalk, and charcoal on black paper.
- Demonstrate value, foreshortening, light/shadow.
1. Drawing Concepts: Light & Shadow, foreshortening
2. Engaging Composition
3. Craftsmanship of Medium
4. Appropriation and Student Vision (reference)
1. Choose a string and place on white piece of paper.
2. Study the values, line direction, and width of string. Exaggerate the width of the string to emphasize foreshortening.
3. Using materials, draw the string on the black paper.