White on Black Self-Portrait
Students will be able to:
- Create original pieces using white colored pencil, black colored pencil, white chalk, and charcoal on black paper.
- Demonstrate value, foreshortening, light/shadow.
1. Concept (use your own image or mirror)
3. Craftsmanship of Medium
5. Reflection/ Artist's Statement
1. Choose reference to draw from. This can be a photo of yourself or from a mirror. The image must belong to you or you may get written permission from the owner of the image.
2. Create thumbnails to practice composition. Think about using cropping and/or a different point-of-view to gain the viewers interest. Foreshortening is a good way to add interest.
3. Practice using media on black paper.
4. Create pieces on 12"x18" black paper.