White on Black Self-Portrait
Students will be able to:
- Create original pieces using white colored pencil, black colored pencil, white chalk, and charcoal on black paper.
- One piece will be on a 9"x12" and the other 12"x18"
- YOU WILL BE TURNING IN TWO PIECES using TWO DIFFERENT REFERENCES.
- Demonstrate value, foreshortening, light/shadow.
1. Concept (use your own image or mirror)
3. Craftsmanship of Medium
4. Studio Habits
5. Artist's Statement
1. Choose references to draw from. (You need two different references. They CAN be of the same person).This can be a photo of yourself or from a mirror. The image must belong to you or you may get written permission from the owner of the image.
2. Create thumbnails to practice composition. Think about using cropping and/or a different point-of-view to gain the viewers interest. Foreshortening is a good way to add interest.
3. Practice using media on black paper.
4. Create pieces on 9"x12" and a 12"x18" black paper. YOU WILL BE TURNING IN TWO PIECES!