Shepard Fairey Project
Students will be able to create a piece based on a person or an event using the style based on Shepard Fairey’s work.
2. Composition (Emphasis/layering/texture)
5. Reflection/Artist's Statement
1. Choose an idea for your piece. Base it on a person or event.
2. Find Images of chosen idea.
3. Research and find references of your main idea and for textures in your background. These will be used as texture for your background.
4. Create thumbnails of your composition. Emphasize the most important part of your design and place the supporting images and texture behind and/or around your image. Layer these images if needed.
5. Experiment with block shading your images. Review the silk screening process.
6. Create piece using chosen media.
Shepard Fairey: Obey This Film
Shepard Fairey Examples
How to Silkscreen