Monochromatic: 1 hue, plus black/white
Students will be able to create a painting using a monochromatic color scheme of a subject matter of their choice.
Requirements (What you're graded on)
1. Concept (What is your idea and reference?)
2. Composition (How is your space arranged? Are you demonstrating rule-of-thirds, foreshortening, croppings, space, etc.?)
3. Craftsmanship (Layering/Light & Shadow)
4. Process (Evidence of planning, revision, and/or experimentation)
5. Reflection/Artist's Statement
1. Look at examples.
2. Choose what you'd like to draw from. (Landscape, still life, portrait, etc.)
3. Find reference(s).
4. Practice in large sketchbook of your composition. Create thumbnail drawings, practice watercolor, etc.)
5. Remember to document your process.
6. Create your piece on the 9" x 12" watercolor paper.
Monochromatic Watercolor Examples