Students will be able to:
-Create a drawing demonstrating foreshortening.
-Use shading techniques to create form.
-Use an original composition.
1. Choose an item to foreshorten. The must be something in front of you.
2. Using a clear overhead sheet, trace your object at the angle giving you the best composition. Use the "Rule-of-Thirds."
3. Get a piece of 12" x 18" drawing paper.
4. Create a 1/2" border on your paper.
6. Recreate your traced drawing using a projector and light lines.
7. Choose your medium. (Graphite or Charcoal)
8. Using your chosen medium, shade your foreshortened object(s). The object must be in front of you. Make sure you have a nice dark value and the white of the paper when done.
Requirements: (Graded on a 0-4 scale)
2. Composition (Rule-of-Thirds)
3. Craftsmanship (light & shadow)
5. Reflection/Artist's Statement
Foreshortening Drawing Examples
Foreshortening Photo Examples