Block Shaded Self Portrait
Students will be able to create a self-portrait demonstrating the use of value, color mixing, and scaling techniques.
Process to Change Photo
1. Take photo using Photo Booth.
2. Click and drag that photo from Photo Booth to the desktop.
3. Open PhotoShop. You may need to open PhotoShop from the Launchpad.
4. Open file in PhotoShop by clicking and dragging image into PhotoShop orFILE ->OPEN->(select file from Desktop)
5. Crop photo to a vertical composition using Cropping Tool from the toolbar.
6. Select Move Tool (arrow button) located at the top of the toolbar.
7. Get rid of the colors by changing photo to Grayscale: IMAGE->MODE->GRAYSCALE. Select DISCARD when box pops up.
8. To Posterize Photo: IMAGE->ADJUSTMENTS->POSTERIZE. Choose 3 or 4 levels. Change your photo’s brightness if your photo is too dark:IMAGE->ADJUSTMENTS->BRIGHTNESS/CONTRAST. You can brighten and add contrast from here. Repeat Posterize step when done.
9. Save image: FILE->SAVE AS. Put your name for Save As, desktop for Location, and JPEG as Format. Press SAVE. More boxes will come up. Don’t change anything, just press OK.
10. Email image to: email@example.com. Put your name as the subject heading.* I will print your photo off for you on a transparency.
Process for Painting